Sunday, 16 December 2012

16 December 2012

Last week has been the most tough week of our lives since I have had Riya. I can imagine how busy and tough the last week has been as I have not even found the time to click photos of Riya throughout the week. I have always been doing so many photos and videos of her since she was born but this is first week when I have not taken any photos :(. It has not only been tough for me but also on Riya. Riya went to the nursery for this whole week. I sat with her on the Monday but on all other days I dropped her off for an hour. She is not very comfortable in the nursery yet. I have no idea how will she manage without me for several hours. As the D day approaches I have more fear and anxiety filling up in my heart. Sometimes I don't want to think about it. I feel like shutting that thought off and enjoying to the fullest with Riya.

Riya is lot more fun now. She understand almost everything we say. She screams at us when one of complains about her to the other. She makes sad faces when we scold her. She tries to make us laugh when we scold her. She gives it a very good try twice or trice but if we still don't laugh she then knows that we are really angry and then she starts to cry. But most of the times we end up smiling and she succeeds in her goal to make us smile and escapes getting scolded. She is becoming very smart these days.

She has started loving having pictures of Minnie or dogs or anything on her dresses. She pats her tummy and shows us that there is a 'woof' on her top. The way she says 'woof' is just so cute. She loves dogs at the moment. We have a neighbour who has a small dog and Riya was very happy to see that dog yesterday. She did not fear even when the dog came and smelt her. She just stood there with all the excitement in her eyes and watched him. She likes her plate and glass which has a picture of a Minnie on it. She is also very playful now and very mischievous. She loves pulling out clothes and dropping them on the floor from anywhere like the washing bag, washing machine, chest of drawers, her changing bag etc. She is a handful now. But she is just a joy to watch. Today when Vaishakh took her inside to change her nappy she was being very naughty and they both were laughing and playing and having loads of fun. I didn't want to go and interrupt the daddy and daughter time so I just stayed out and heard them.

I have been thinking that it is the start of the December and the countdown to Riya's birthday starts. But the time has gone by so quickly that we hardly have a week left for her birthday. I can't believe she is going to be a year soon. We are eagerly waiting to celebrate the day which changed mine and Vaishakh's life. This day brought more joy yet more tears, more fun yet more responsibilities, more dreams and the willingness to fulfil each one of them. Its heavy on the pockets yet light on our hearts ;). It's the day our little angel came into our lives!

1 comment:

  1. "This day brought more joy yet more tears, more fun yet more responsibilities, more dreams and the willingness to fulfil each one of them. Its heavy on the pockets yet light on our hearts" Beautiful & exceellent lines which sum up the whole experience in just few words . great . keep going .
    vgn

    ReplyDelete