A woman becomes a mother not from the moment of a child's birth but from the moment she conceives her baby. She thinks and imagines things about her baby and cares for him or her right from the time when they are in her womb. She worries about every single movement and also worries when there is no movement of the baby in the womb. She knows her baby right from those days. Such is a relationship of a mother and a child. These thoughts came to my mind as tomorrow is Mother's Day and I just want to remember all the lovely moments I have spent with Riya so far. I went through some of the old photos and videos. They make me so happy and make me realise how much I have loved every moment of being a mother. It is the most beautiful feeling and the most beautiful relationship I have known. I am also happy that I share this relationship with my daughter and someday she will share this relationship with her children.. I can't imagine how some people cannot be happy with having a daughter. When Riya hugs me tight and gives me a tight kiss when I come back from work I feel blessed. I realise i have missed her so much all the time I have been at work and I know how much she has missed me too :).
Riya has just started being more and more demanding. She wants things to be her way and is starting to get angry and throw things to express her anger. She throws phones, remotes and whatever is in her hand. i have no idea where she has learnt this :). She has had another round of cold, cough and diarrhoea and she has managed well this time. Looks like she is building up her immunity. She was miserable for 2 days and then she slowly recovered.
A couple of Kannada words she has picked up are 'beda' and 'aithu' :). I try to get her to talk so many words but she is not very keen on learning to talk. She will do it when she wants to do it.
We went to ikea today to buy some things which we need for our home. When we went to the kids section there was a play area. We went there to pick up her cupboard and I took her to the play area while Vaishakh picked up other things for her room. She picked up a saucepan and a spoon from the kitchen in the play area and behaved like she was mixing something and cooking. And then she went and fed whatever she had made in her saucepan to the cuddly toys in the shop :). How clever is that for a 14 month old. She has probably learnt this cooking game in her nursery where they play cooking ands baking. Another game which she has learnt is to play in the sand at the park. She has had she share of having sand in her eyes but still she likes to play with it. We carry her bucket and spade to the park these days to playin the sand. We had a couple of sunny days last week when I and Riya spent good time at the park and she loved being there. She almost runs around everywhere in the park these days.
No comments:
Post a Comment