Friday, 2 November 2012

02 November 2012

I have been wanting to write since the last weekend and there is already another weekend starting today. I hardly find time to do anything else other than looking after Riya. Riya visited her friend Meera last weekend and had a lovely time. Vaishakh had a day off on Monday. I took a break from playing with Riya and let Vaishakh handle her for most of the time as I was not well. Riya is now so energetic that Vaishakh was exhausted playing with her on Sunday and Monday. There was a moment when he came and begged me saying "Can you look after her for sometime? " :).

This week has been a bit sunny and nice. It has been freezing cold with temperatures finally dropping to single digits but at least there is no rain unlike the last 2 weeks. So we have been going out almost everyday this week. Riya has started loving her afternoon naps for some reason. May be because it is so cold that she wants to snuggle in the blanket and stay warm. I have to wake her up almost everyday from her afternoon nap so that she goes to bed early at night. But she doesn't like me waking her up. After waking up we spend some time on the bed cuddling, playing, reading some book or watching a video. She has also been sleeping well at night in the last week. These are first few nights when I have slept through the night since Riya was born. I had almost forgotten how it felt to sleep through the night. I hope she continues to do it.

Riya took her first and only step on her own yesterday. She is trying very hard to stand on her own. She stands up without any support for a couple of minutes now specially when she is watching TV. She loves to walk these days. When we say 'walkie walkie', she knows she has to walk. And she is doing very well with it. She took another step today. Looks like she will walk before she turns 1.

She has been conversing with us these days. She is not saying any words but she is making lots of different sounds like 'nananana', 'mamamama', 'dadada'. She also mamma a couple of times last week but I guess it was just a co-incidence. She didn't call me mamma. But still it felt like music to my ears :). Her language at the moment is like 'eeeh,eeh?' to ask what's the noise there or where are you or why and an 'eeh eeh.' as an answer to many questions we ask her. Her tone differs according to the situations. It's very funny to see her do that. When we go saying eeh,eeh along with her she says it again and again as if talking with us. Vaishakh says he can't wait for her to talk. But I guess that's a long way. Once it starts there is no stopping her though :)..

1 comment:

  1. good going Riya...ur friend Aaryan's not keen on walking yet...just keeps crwaling at super speed :) see u toommo :)

    ReplyDelete