Thursday, 8 November 2012

06 November 2012

Riya is now 10 months and almost 3 weeks. It has been so hard to find time to write these days. Riya keeps more busy these days and it's winter as well, so I guess I have become a bit lazy, courtesy the dull English weather!

Her baby face seems to be disappearing. I definitely miss the chubby bubbly face. But that does'nt mean she looks any less cuter these days :). She looks more and more like a girl now than a baby. Riya had another birthday party to attend last weekend and she wore her pretty yellow frock (not pink for a change). Looked like she and daddy were both very uncomfortable with the dress but I wanted her to wear that a get a couple of nice pictures. Off course I had to change her dress very soon into more comfortable wear. I wonder why all these pretty frilly frocks are so uncomfortable to wear when girls look so pretty in them :( .

Ain't I pretty :) !
There now seems to be a change in her routine. She has now come down to one big nap in a day rather than 2. All signs of growing up. And it also means she sleeps well at night. She is now probably developing something called FEAR. I read and researched a bit about it and it looks like this is the age when they start developing fear. She is suddenly scared of the weird noises some of toys make. One day she is scared of a toy and the next day she holds the same toy and bangs it on the floor and wall all around the house. All she needs when she is scared is a big cuddle from mummy. She is now calling me out as 'mamma' but only when she wants me. When I ask her to say 'mamma' she doesn't. She says it only when she is crying or needs me badly. I and Vaishakh initially thought is was a co-incidence that she called out mamma when she was crying but she has been doing it again and again. How smart are these babies! They do things just the way they want to.

She cried when Vaishakh left to work this Monday. Mondays are always hard. She misses Vaishakh the most on Mondays. This week Vaishakh was up and ready before she was awake. When she woke up she saw that Vaishakh was all dressed up. She jumped on him and didn't want to get down. She clung to him and when he left her and started walking towards the door she cried. Poor girl. I am already dreading the moment when I have to leave her and go to work. It's going to be very difficult on her and me.

Aah..As I write this bit I can see some sunshine from our window. That does'nt mean it's warm. It's still very cold out there but also a bit sunny which means it's nice to spend some time out. It's time to wake up Riya from her afternoon nap and take her to the park for sometime. I find the saying 'Make hay while the sun shines' so apt in this country. I am sure it originated here!

No comments:

Post a Comment