Saturday, 20 October 2012

October 20 2012

I have to write about what happened today. It's one of the most exciting and wonderful experiences I and Vaishakh have had. We will probably get to see more of such things from now on but today is one of the first times it happened. I, Vaishakh and Riya went out for shopping . Riya sat in the trolley comfortably to go around the shop.


We bought some stuff and put them in the trolley. Now the interesting bit. We were in the toys section :). We were just going past the toy section when Vaishakh stopped and looked at a 'Minnie mouse'. He showed it to Riya and asked if she wanted it and she immediately jumped and caught hold of it and was happy, so we thought we'll buy it for her. But then there was another one there. So Vaishakh picked up the other 'Mickey Mouse'  as well and showed it to her and she snatched the it as well from him. I and Vaishakh were talking about which one was nicer. We just turned to Riya , took both the toys from hands and Vaishakh told her ' You can have only one Riya, which one do you want?'. You will not believe what I say now but it did happen. She looked at both the toys again and again as if she was comparing them. She looked at each of them one after the other at least 3 times and chose one. Can you believe it? But yes she chose what she wanted. Off course she chose the 'Minnie Mouse' ,  probably because it was in Pink and more colourful. I and Vaishakh were awestruck. Hardly 10 months and she is smart enough to make her choice. We are happy she did not want both of them and also happy about how she chose one . But I feel that day is not too far when she will want both. This also shows she is now very clearly understanding what we say to her. I am not sure if I was clever to pick my toys when I was 10 months. But we try to always ask her what she wants when we buy her toys. We show her different toys and see what excites her more and buy that one. What she did today is probably a result of that.

She did not let go of her new possession until we finished our shopping and screamed once at Vaishakh when he tried to take it away from her in the shop. Her list of cuddly toys grows on and on. Girls will remain girls. Won't they ;) ?

1 comment: