Thursday, 11 October 2012

October 11 2012

Fewer posts last week as I have been very busy. Doing what ? Chasing Riya :). It is very exhausting these days as she is all over the place. She is trying to reach anything and everything in the house. She wants absolutely everything she sees. She has spilled the mustard seeds all over the kitchen a couple of times this week. As i mentioned in my previous post she loves playing the box of mustard seeds. We have child locks on all the cupboards in the kitchen except one. She very well knows about it and goes directly to that cupboard every time. She tries to pull out everything. We are so tired by the end of the day that all we want is a good sleep.



She tore a couple of pages from one of our books. She has the habit of pulling out all the books from the book shelf. I didn't mind that until now. But now I can't let her do that. She is trying to reach for the top of the chest of drawers in the bedroom and pull out things kept on it. She stands on her toes to look at the top. She stands on her toes to reach the third shelf of our book case and reaches for the photo frames there. I have just been running behind her everywhere asking her 'Not' to do this or that. I find myself saying a 'NO' at least a hundred times these days.


Her new skill this week is clapping. She has learnt to clap and lift both her hands up to say yeeehhh.. She looks lovely when she does that. She is probably very proud of herself doing that as she did that in front of everybody at her gymboree play and learn class. She is now very interactive with everybody in the class. She smiles at most of them and screams at the top of her voice. She loves it when they blow bubbles during the class. This week when the instructor walked towards us with the bottle of the soapy liquid she knew it was bubbles time and screamed with excitement and clapped her hands. It feels so great to see her like that. My heart fills with joy to see her so happy.

She doesn't allow me to stand in the kitchen and do any work now. She just stands behind me holding my dress and cries. She wants me to play with her all the time. She rests her head on my legs and stand there behind me until I pick her up, give her a cuddle and go and play with her. Makes me wonder how much she is going to miss me when I go back to work. She loves it when I play all the crazy games with her. She has so much energy right from the moment she opens her eyes in the morning until she goes to bed at 8 that it is impossible to match it :). I hope she is like this all the time. I guess I have written this earlier but I want to say again that this is the best time of my lifetime and I am going to cherish every moment of it.

Today when she went to have her bath she tried to catch the bubbles in her bath tub and was also trying to eat them. I and Vaishakh laughed and enjoyed watching it. Before I had her I always wondered why kids are referred to as a bundle of joy, but now I exactly know what it means :)..


No comments:

Post a Comment