Before I forget I need to write down what Riya told me today. She was sitting in the toilet and talking to me as usual. Yes, we do a lot of chit chat in the toilet :P. It's Monday so she's been in the nursery all day. She yawned and said to me "I am very tired today because I have been busy playing... I played evvvverything mumma. I did colouring, drawing, sticking and she told me a couple of more things which I can't remember now. Riya's idea is that she needs to do everything in the nursery. She wants to be involved in every single activity happening in the nursery. She doesn't like to miss out on any action. Even when we were in the park the other day I and Vaishakh told her that we were heading home and came out of the park. She quickly ran to a spring hippo in her park ,sat on it for a couple of seconds and ran to us and declared now I have played everything in the park. It was very funny to watch her hurrying and acting very busy playing.
But when you think about it, playing is a serious job for the kids. They put in a lot of effort in learning how to play new things. For us it might just seem like a game but for them every new toy is serious learning which they want to master soon. Every slide,swing, climbing frames, monkey bars in different parks is different for them and they need to learn how to do it.
We had an eventful week (last week of august). It was the Ganesh Chaturti and my bday. Riya made a card for my bday and daddy helped her buy a gift for mummy. Riya got me the card she had made and told me that I should make one when it's her birthday and gave me the card only on that condition. It was Ganesh chaturthi after a couple of days and we went to the ganapathi temple . Riya enjoyed every bit of it. She shouted ganapathi bappa moraya and enjoyed the festive atmosphere in the temple.
But when you think about it, playing is a serious job for the kids. They put in a lot of effort in learning how to play new things. For us it might just seem like a game but for them every new toy is serious learning which they want to master soon. Every slide,swing, climbing frames, monkey bars in different parks is different for them and they need to learn how to do it.
We had an eventful week (last week of august). It was the Ganesh Chaturti and my bday. Riya made a card for my bday and daddy helped her buy a gift for mummy. Riya got me the card she had made and told me that I should make one when it's her birthday and gave me the card only on that condition. It was Ganesh chaturthi after a couple of days and we went to the ganapathi temple . Riya enjoyed every bit of it. She shouted ganapathi bappa moraya and enjoyed the festive atmosphere in the temple.
Left this post as a draft for a long time hence cannot gather my thoughts to well to finish the post nicely. It's always to good to write in one go else we forget about the funny things she has said or done. Many such instances these days which I want to capture and cherish them for long but so less time.
Riya seems to have discovered a new emotion. Anger and frustration are emotions we see in kids since they were babies but Riya has started associating it with the right expression and language :). She told me today that if I was not going to listen to her she will throw me somewhere in the deep. Lol. The other day when we were driving she said to her daddy 'if you do not take me to a toilet now, I will throw you in the bin daddy'. I am laughing as I write these sentences but I think we need to make a check on such things from now on. Today she just threw a toy and walked out of the room when I said something to her. When this happened, I and Vaishakh smiled at each other today , it was like a sneak peek of the teenage daughter we are going to see in a few years. Well we will learn to handle it as it comes. Parenting seems like ion the job training. You can never be prepared for what's going to come. Ands sometimes it is very important how you behave at that given moment. Almost like giving an exam without preparation :).
No comments:
Post a Comment