Wednesday, 13 February 2013

13 February 2013

Long long time since I blogged. It feels like a new start . It is kind of a new start for us with Riya as a 'toddler'. Not a baby anymore. I call it a new start because Riya is so much different now . She now has a mind of her own and more importantly has the ability to execute them. She gets angry. She used to get angry and frustrated before as well but now she screams and resists from doing what she doesn't want to do. She has learnt to say 'beda' in Kannada which means 'I don't want'. When she has had enough of her meal she closes her mouth with her hands and says beda with a closed mouth which we find very very funny :). Sometimes when she does not want to do something she runs away from us. The other day i told her it was time to have some milk and I was about to pick her up to sit her on the highchair and she escaped from my hands and ran in the opposite direction. She is expressing all her emotions. She has learnt to express love . She has learnt to kiss. She has been blowing flying kisses for a while now but day before yesterday when I asked her to give me a kiss in my cheek she did it. She touched my cheek and kissed and then she turned my face , touched my other cheek and kissed. How sweet. I was floored. It felt like I was on cloud 9. She has hugged me and has kissed before but now she knows what it is.

She now literally understands everything we speak it Kannada and partly English. So now I and Vaishakh have switched to Hindi when we don't want her to know or understand something . Soon we will have to start speaking in Sanskrit I guess as she will learn Hindi too :).

Reading a book at night has become her favourite part of the routine now and she looks forward to doing it everyday. She loves her bath too and we need to bribe her to get out of the bath. As soon as she is out of the bath she starts pointing in the direction of her books and starts asking for one. These are her pop up books from which animals pop up to her and she absolutely loves them. She gets so excited as we turn the pages. Though we have read those books numerous times yet every time she is excited.

And last but not the least is her new skill of dancing. I wonder where she has picked this up from. She watches a show on tv in which one of the characters dances. She has probably learnt from that. She puts her music on , on her music player and starts dancing and enjoys it. She has learnt some moves like turning around, moving her shoulders. Se looks very cute when she does that. Here is a link of her dancing .

http://youtu.be/JLEvj-8YegE

No comments:

Post a Comment