Thursday, 31 July 2014

Gosh! It's been so long...


Yes, it has indeed been so long. Over an year since I wrote. I can't believe it. With my last post being in April last year it's 1 year and 3 months since I have penned my thoughts, actually typed in my thoughts :). One of the things about writing blogs is keeping up with it. I have always been an enthusiastic beginner for any activity, as my dad always said to me. But in this case it's not loss of enthusiasm to write but it's just the loss of time. Yes, I blame time. I am not lazy. I have a two and half year old daughter who need constant attention and is full of action. Every single day I think 'My God, I have to write about what Riya did today, she is growing up so fast but I fail to do so as I cannot find the time. I mostly wrote at night when I had put baby Riya to sleep. But now I am so exhausted myself by the end of the day that as soon as my head touches my pillow I am asleep :).

I know, in the previous paragraph I said Riya is 2 and half years old. to be precise she is 2 years and 7 months old. There was a time when I counted my baby in weeks, and then it was in months and now it is going to be in years. She will be 3 years old in a few months. Riya celebrated her 2nd birthday in India with her entire family. We will hopefully be in India again that time of the year. When I told Riya we are going to India soon she asked 'Is it for my birthday mamma ?' She remembers and memories of her bday in Goa last year. I said ' Yes Riya'. She immediately said to her dad ' I want a Rapunzel cake daddy' and I want to have a princess party. She lives in this fantasy world at the moment where she is one of those princesses. Her face lights up when I call her 'Princess' ! She is bewitched by the move 'Tangled' and has watched it over and over again. It's her favorite movie and she loves all the characters from the movie. I and Riya switch roles from the movie by being the Rapunzel and the Witch at different times. Daddy gets to be Flynn or the King depending on her mood :). We role play the entire story . What she enjoys the most is being the witch and locking me up in the tall tower.




I cannot get hold of my thoughts today. It's been so long and so much is untold that I want to pour everything into this single post which I know is not possible. Why I thought I should write something this week is because it's a new phase in my princess's life. She is joining her new nursery next week from the 4th of August and she will be doing 3 full days at the nursery. She had a couple of settling sessions at the new nursery so that she could meet everybody and Riya was clearly excited. She just walked in , into the new environment not with fear but with curiosity. She never looked back at me. I went to her and told her that I would be back to pick her up in about an hour and she didn't care. She was absorbing everything happening around her and already getting involved with some little girls singing some songs. When I went to pick her up she complained that some kids are not talking to her. I felt sad and looked at her innocent face and I told her they will speak to her next time. I am not sure if she is going to miss her old nursery and her little friends there. Her favorite friend at nursery is a little girl called Prue. I am only hoping she will adjust quickly and make some new friends. Having changed schools so often when I was studying I know how it feels to make a fresh start but hoping it will be easy for her. The new nursery principle walked up to me and said that Riya was a very confident child and she spoke with everybody and was very friendly. I only hope it all falls in place for my Princess!!

No comments:

Post a Comment